Last Updated on 4 weeks by Shadman
Ping pong is a game of speed, accuracy, and strategy that has been around for centuries. It’s also one of the most popular table games in North America today with an estimated 15 million people playing at least once per year.
However, it can be hard to find the best ping-pong tables for home use as many are poorly designed or constructed cheaply from poor materials. This article will explore some key features you should look out for when purchasing your own table so that you get a good quality product that will last long into the future.
In case you are in a hurry, here is the list of best ping pong table for home to look at a glance.
|Ping pong Tables for home||Categories|
|Cornilleau Sport 250 Indoor||Indoor Table|
|Butterfly Personal Ping Pong Table||Indoor Table|
|STIGA Space Saver||Mid-Sized Table|
|STIGA Mini Table Black Edition||Mid-Sized Table|
|JOOLA NOVA DX Outdoor||Outdoor Table|
|Kettler Outdoor 10||Outdoor Table|
Before proceeding with the purchase, we would like to guide you to help you find a lot of useful information on how to choose the best ping pong tables.
A guide to buy ping pong table for home
1. Ping Pong Tables for Home Use
Ping pong is a game that has been played for thousands of years and can be traced back to China around the second or third century BC. It was originally played with the ball made from meat, however it later changed to being blown up with air and covered in leather.
The name ping pong comes from the sound that’s made when you strike the ball against another bat using your racket. As this article highlights, there are many different types of tables available on the market today, ranging from small fold-up models to large permanent fixtures that take up a lot of space. Roofed tables keep all of the balls inside and prevent them from ending up in gardens or worse still, the neighbor’s house!
Basic ping pong equipment is very inexpensive so you can even set up your own table in a spare room with no hassle. The net and paddles are very small and easy to transport, you just have to find space for the main table which can take up a lot more room than expected.
2. Types of Tables
To explain more, there are types of tables like the example below.
In case you are buying a table for commercial purposes, then you will find the characteristic that a lot of them are foldable. This is important because it saves time to set up and store away after use.
If you’re interested in buying an additional ping pong table for your home, there are more than enough options out there. It’ll depend on what you want in a table, if you’re the type who likes to play doubles with your friends or family then choose a table that can accommodate at least four players.
However, if you are buying a table for your kids to play on, it is essential that you make sure the surface of the table is coated with a special non-toxic finish. This feature will be particularly important if your children have food allergies or other health concerns that may potentially be affected by exposure to certain kinds of chemicals found in finishes.
In these cases, it would be best to buy a wooden Ping Pong table that has been treated with formaldehyde-free varnishes and paints and have center support rails made out of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). Furthermore, pay close attention to how big the table needs to be in order to accommodate all players; there should enough space between the playing surface and the table legs for you to have room to maneuver around freely.
3. Table Construction and Quality
The table stands should not only be placed in the best spot, but it also needs to be of high quality. In order for you to have a sturdy table with metal screws on the legs and adjustable feet, make sure that you look for one that has these specifications. It will help keep your balance and make sure that you are more relaxed while playing instead of worrying about tripping or being uncomfortable because of what’s beneath you.
The table is where all great competition starts, so many tend to see this as one of their most important investments in order to give them the chance to play better tennis. Having a good set-up ensures strong footing, safe area where players can run around without having any risk of injury due to an unstable playing platform. The frame is the foundation of the table so it should be strong enough to hold your weight and keep you from wobbling or any accidents.
4. Playing Surface Material
- The table should have a material that is non-porous, water-resistant & durable
- The surface of the table should be smooth so it does not provide any friction for the ball
- The blocks should be made out of strong but lightweight material to avoid damaging floors if they fell over.
- The table should be easy to maintain & clean
- The surface of the blocks and table are both important for proper play
5. Table Size and Shape
The size of your ping pong table for the home should be decided on how many people you are planning to play with. If your desire is to have a mini-tournament every night then get a smaller table. However, if you want to make the game more interesting for kids and guests, get a bigger table so that everyone can properly enjoy the game even with its fast-paced movements.
If possible, try to get a table that has a fold-out service. This will add to the portability of your ping pong table for home and can be stored in a much smaller space than its fully assembled counterpart. Many tables have this design; however, it is better to check before buying just in case you are interested in getting one that does not have an accordion fold-out design.
6. Accessories and Extras (e.g., net, ball, paddles)
You should also consider other accessories when buying ping pong tables. Here are some that we recommend:
- The netting of the table is an important accessory because it determines the playing quality of your game. It should be durable, easy to set up, and long-lasting.
- Balls are not to be forgotten because they affect the game. It’s better to purchase professional quality balls that are resilient, bounce well, and roll smoothly.
- Ball rack – A ball rack is a must-have for any ping pong table owner. It helps in keeping your balls safe and organized when not in use.
- Last but not the least, good quality paddles will ensure that you can enjoy a high-quality game. Be sure to choose the best that will last for many years.
The Best ping pong tables for the home we are talking about
Cornilleau Sport 250 Indoor Table Tennis Table (megaspin link)
If money is not a problem for you this Cornilleau sports 250 for Indoor is the right choice for you. This will provide you a good gaming experience, no matter if you are a beginner or a pro. It comes with 3 years of warranty.
The generous diameter of its new wheels (200 mm), together with an ultra robust design, offers unique freedom, maneuverability and flexibility.
It has a 5mm layered resin top. The legs, which are adjustable, are also made of resin. The brakes ensure great stability during play and maximum safety when the table is folded down.
To ensure the ideal positioning of the network, there is a very precise voltage regulation system. On both sides of the table, there are dispensers capable of holding 4 rackets and 8 balls. It is covered by a 10-year warranty.
Tabletop: high density of 19 mm blue chipboard top
Legs and wheels: 115 x 28 mm sturdy steel legs
Net and uprights: ABS folding poles, adjustable
The foldable game function allows you to practice on your own.
3-year warranty on all unworn parts.
- It is comparatively lightweight. The total weight of the table is about 160 lbs. 2 persons should be enough to move it and there are wheels to move it more comfortably.
- It comes with adjustable legs in case you have an uneven surface.
- Ball storage system on both sides.
The only disadvantage I have found is that the fixed net, that limits your replacement option.
Butterfly Personal Ping Pong Table (Amazon link)
This Butterfly table is a great choice who are considering little bit higher budget to get rid of low-quality tables. This Butterfly Personal table comes with a 2-piece, tournament-quality top that makes the game more enjoyable and fun.
This table includes edgebanding to guard the table against wear, also extra bracing around the legs gives great support and strength.
- This INDOOR PING PONG TABLE is a very long-lasting and excellent option for your game room in your home.
- The Personal Butterfly Ping Pong Table comes with a 3-year warranty. That’s a relief.
- Unlike other low-quality tables, this one includes a 19mm thick top which will provide a better bounce quality
- This ping pong table can be easily folded and takes a very little space of your storage area
- You can play and practice table tennis without a partner with one-half vertical if you want to improve your game alone.
- Net provided with the table. But the Paddles have to be purchased individually.
- Not a very good choice to use outdoor.
Mid sized tables
STIGA Space Saver (amazon link)
For me, this is by far one of the best table tennis for home. STIGA made this really amazing budget-friendly piece for family use. This 3/4 table can save up a lot of space. You can put it anywhere in the house.
- Play at your home with your family and friends without any hesitation for space
- Fold it and store it anywhere in the house easily after playing a game
- You can use both parts for other uses in the house
One disadvantage is the two parts have to be attached with the net while playing. You can’t move the parts apart without removing the net.
STIGA Mini Table Black Edition (megaspin link)
Stiga mini table is quite reasonable for a cheap budget. This Table uses very little space(50inch by 28inch) and quite useful to pass your time with kids. Kids especially teenagers would feel comfortable playing in it.
- It uses 12mm fiberboard top in dark structure
- Perfect for the family who appreciates playing table tennis at home yet have restricted space
- Can be folded easily
- Useful to carry in a vehicle during an outdoor vacation.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Can’t get the feeling of a big bouncy table.
- Can’t get the service or durability as high-quality tables.
JOOLA NOVA DX Outdoor (Amazon link)
JOOLA is a well-known brand for over 50 years. They provide tables for international tournaments and even in the Olympics.
JOOLA NOVA DX Outdoor is a great quality table tennis table that can be used indoor or outdoor. This is a fantastic choice for a mid-range budget. This one is quite reasonable compared to other outdoor ping pong brands.
- This tabletop is a 6 mm thick surface made of solid aluminum plastic that is resistant to warping and chipping. The table stands on a rustproof, powder-coated chassis. It provides a set of outdoor table tennis nets.
- This gorgeous table is 95% pre-assembled and you will be ready to play within only 10-15 minutes. Just join the legs with the 8 bolts given.
- 4 wheel trolley comes with each part of the table so that you can simply move each part easily whenever you needed. You can simply unfold one part of the table to practice alone when needed using automatic anti-tilting locks.
- JOOLA provides great customer service.
- The net is weatherproof.
- The paint doesn’t come under warranty.
- Pretty heavy, so be careful while unloading.
- Have to use a cover to protect it from rain as rain could harm this table pretty quickly.
Kettler Outdoor 10 (Amazon link)
It is designed with a new hand release mechanism to make opening and closing operations particularly easy and safe. The game surface is in Alu-Tec + multilayer for outdoor use and has a thickness of 22 mm.
The frame is equipped with newly designed double wheels suitable for moving on rough terrain for convenient transportation even on uneven surfaces. The edge protection is made of removable soft material.
All four legs are easily adjustable in height. On each side there is a practical dispenser for inserting and extracting the balls. An elastic support band is available on each net tensioner, ideal for arranging rackets, bags, jackets and so on. The folded dimensions are 68 x 183 x 165 cm, while once opened it measures 274 x 152.5 x 76 cm.
- Easily movable
- Height adjustable
- Ball dispenser
What else to remember?
- Get leg levelers so that the metal leg of the ping pong table couldn’t scratch the floor.
- To increase the life of the net of an outdoor table untie and keep it in a dry place after the game.
- Clean and maintain your table regularly
- Cover your outdoor table up when it is not in use.
- Be careful when folding the table.
Can you use a ping pong table as a dining table?
Yes, you can. But 76 cm is a little higher than a normal dining table height. So if your table’s leg is not adjustable then you have to adjust accordingly.
Ping pong tables are a great way to entertain family and friends of all ages. They provide hours of fun for everyone in the house, regardless if they’re playing or spectating. We hope this guide should help you determine which table is best for your needs as well as how to care for it properly so that it can last many years with minimal maintenance on your end!